Talks and presentations
- “Unpacking the Effect of Regime Types on Responses to Misinformation,” American Political Science Association Annual Meeting, Seattle, WA, 2021.
- “Great Power Competition for Geographic and Strategic Reach,” Department of Defense Symposium on Information Strategy and Political Warfare, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA, June 22, 2021.
- “The Securitization of ‘Fake News’ in Malaysia and Beyond,” Exploring Media Ecosystems Conference, M.I.T., Cambridge, MA, March 2, 2020.
- “Data and Democracy: Post-Cold War Cyber Ethics,” Tech Ethics and Governance: Conference on the Ethics of Emerging Tech, Kenan Institute for Ethics, Duke University, April 19, 2019.
- “AI Governance,” Student Symposium on Artificial Intelligence and Human Rights, Global Affairs Canada, Ottawa, April 2018.
Select Public and Professional Presentations
- “How to Research Media Manipulation,” Big If True Seminar Series, Harvard Shorenstein Center, October 29, 2020.
- “Media Manipulation: Life Cycle and Interventions,” United Nations Department of Political and Peacebuilding Affairs, October 22, 2020.
- “Election Security and Integrity,” Institute for Technology Law and Policy at Georgetown Law, October 14, 2020.
- “Fighting a Two-Front War: Censorship and Disinformation in Southeast Asia,” Big If True Seminar Series, Harvard Shorenstein Center, July 10, 2020.
- “Covid-19 Pandemic, The Media, Social Networks, Misinformation & Fake News: Lessons Learnt,” Red de Acción Política (Political Action Network), July 2, 2020.
- “Protecting Digital Communities in Democracies from the Global Reach of Authoritarian Countries,” Rightscon, Tunis, June 14, 2019.
- “How Small Countries Survive: A Human Rights Dilemma With Respect To Asymmetrical Disinformation War,” Rightscon, Tunis, June 13, 2019.
- “Combating Fake News: Exploring Approaches For Protecting The Messenger And The Message,” Rightscon, Tunis, June 12, 2019.
- “Disinformation, Fake News, and Violent Extremism,” Canadian Cyber Dialogue, Ottawa, November 8, 2018.